Monday, August 18, 2014

Jurassic Park: Trespasser

This is a "Welcome back!" post as well as a conglomeration of links to an interesting topic. Jurassic Park: Trespasser was a game I never experienced, but because of its ambitiousness (and the lack of funds and time to properly implement said ambitious design) it was equally regarded as the worst and best game of its time. Here are the resources, of which I have only read through about half:

Wikipedia Article (short and sweet)

Source Code Review (gameplay videos, interviews, and more)

Postmortem by Richard Wyckoff (from the designers, a behind-the-scenes look)

Source Code and More (I didn't link to this)

It is written in C++ which makes it an interesting chunk of code for me after I'm done messing around in C.

Did you hear me right? Yes, you did. I may have disappeared for a year or so, but I'm back! And working on becoming a "crack programmer so my dad can retire". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment