Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Slacker...

Oh man. These past few days have been so so SO so busy... Ahhhh...

First, I didn't study coding at all this past weekend because I was lazy on Friday night and Saturday. Shame... I can't help it though, I get home from work for the weekend and all I want to do is lounge like a lethargic kitten who just drank too much milk...

Sunday was a very exciting day because Andrei and I announced our engagement to a big group of our friends and family! I know a bunch of people took photos, but I've only seen a few so far... Not everyone has emailed them to me yet. But, one of my favorites...


Andrei wasn't expecting to have to give a speech, but he moved us all with his words, regardless. That's me getting all teary-eyed over what he's saying. Ahh, I love this man.


Anyway. I may end up bogging down some of my posts with messy pseudo-code. I'm going to be using my knowledge with C to design a text game (I've mentioned that before). I need to get some of the main functions down for features I want to offer, and in the process, I'll be trying to figure out if they're going to be possible.
Things like save-files that are password protected for characters... Garages or stables where they can store animals/vehicles for mounts or minions... A leveling/storage system for minions that allows them to gain experience and skills alongside their masters (it is SO Pokemon-y, but I hope that the end product won't feel like that at all)... Crafting that actually makes it feel like you have complete control over how a piece of armor looks, instead of making the same shirt/pants/boots over and over... Not to mention, items that give invisible flags, like comm-links that allow a character to talk into an IC channel that is only available to other characters with that comm-link item...

Idk, I just have so many ideas. I didn't ever ever EVER think I would get into game-design... but if I can get good with this coding bit, or find someone who likes the ideas I have enough to help me... Oh man. Ohhhh man. I just get all excited thinking about it.

I've got note-taking on my list of things to do today, if I can tear myself away from Facebook and Tumblr. I've got to keep my goals in sight. I know I can do this as long as I keep myself motivated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment